Gouriprasanna Roy, PhD
Department of Chemistry
School of Natural Science
Shiv Nadar University
NH 91, Dadri, Gautam Budh Nagar, UP, India
PIN code: 201314
Tel: +91-783-807-0225 (M); +91-120-266-3801 , Ext 132 (Office)
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D in Chemistry (With Prof. G. Mugesh), Department of Inorganic & Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India, Aug 2002 - May 2007.
- M.Sc, Chemistry, University of Calcutta.
- B.Sc, Chemistry, University of Calcutta.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, School of Natural Science, Shiv Nadar University, November 2012
- Skaggs Postdoctoral Fellow (with Prof. Peter G Schultz), Department of Chemistry and The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, San Diego, CA, USA. Dec 2011 - Sept 2012.
- Postdoctoral fellow (with Prof. Thomas S Scanlan), Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA, Jan 2008 - Nov 2011.
- Research Associate (With Prof. G. Mugesh), Department of Inorganic & Physical Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore, May 2007 - Dec 2007.
- Awarded “Prof. S Soundararajan Medal” for “BEST THESIS”, 2007-2008, Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry (IPC), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India.
- 2011: Skaggs Postdoctoral Fellowship, The Scripps Research Institute, San-Diego, USA.
- Selected for Alexander von Humboldt Research Fellowship for postdoctoral research (with Prof. Michael Famulok), awarded by AvH Foundation (November 2008), Bonn, Germany.
- 2008: Post-doctoral Fellowship, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU).
- 2007: Junior Research Associate, IPC, Indian Institute of Science (IISc).
- December 2004, Best Poster Award in the "Third Symposium on Advances in Bioinorganic Chemistry (SABIC-2004)" in Conjunction with "Second Asian Biological Inorganic Chemistry Conference (AsBIC-II)" at Goa, INDIA.
- Received the “Vasudevamurthy-Soundarajan Prize” for the “Best Performance in the Course Work”, 2002-03, Department of Inorganic and Physical Chemistry (IPC), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
- August 2002–May 2007: Junior/Senior Research Fellowships awarded by CSIR, India.
- Qualified national test “GATE-2001” and “CSIR-NET-2001”.
- “Shasanka Shekar Dey memorial fellowship" during class XII, Akui Union High School, WB, India.
Medicinal Chemistry, Bioinorganic Chemistry, Coordination Chemistry, Nanomaterials and Chemical Biology.